Root Canal Therapy – Granby, CT
Relieve Tooth Pain & Save Teeth
Like many, you might cringe at the mere mention of a root canal. However, did you know this procedure actually saves teeth from needing to be pulled? It’s true. Without root canal therapy in Granby, many more patients would be missing teeth or suffer severe tooth pain. Therefore, you can count on Dr. Chawla and Dr. Endres to ensure you have a comfortable and effective treatment — one that relieves your pain and preserves your natural tooth!
Why Choose Salmon Brook Dental Associates for Root Canal Therapy?
- CEREC Same-Day Crowns Available
- Dental Insurance Accepted
- Gentle, Skilled Dentists
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
A root canal addresses an infected or abscessed tooth. As such, you may need one if you show signs of bacteria infecting your teeth. Such symptoms can include:
- Persistent Tooth Pain – If you have a severe toothache that lasts more than a day, your tooth might be infected.
- Sensitivity to Heat & Cold – A tooth hurting from something hot or cold can mean its blood vessels and nerves are infected.
- Swollen Gums – Gums swelling near a pained tooth can signal the need for a root canal.
- Chip or Crack in the Tooth – Bacteria can inflame and infect a tooth if it’s chipped or cracked.
- Tooth Mobility – An infected tooth may feel looser due to nerve death.
Should you show any of the signs above, go ahead and book a visit with our office. That way, we can perform an oral exam and see whether root canal therapy is right for you.
The Root Canal Process
A root canal removes infected tooth pulp from your mouth. To that end, it relies on several steps.
First, our dentists will numb your mouth before treatment starts. (This numbing effect comes from a local anesthesia.) Doing so ensures you won’t feel any pain from the therapy.
Next, the team will use special tools to remove your tooth’s pulp. Though this process does create a space in your pearly white, don’t worry. The area will be given a filling that rebuilds tooth structure and shape.
Once we’ve cleaned and sealed your tooth’s inner chamber, we’ll create and place your dental crown.
Using CEREC technology, this step should only take an hour or so. You thus won’t need to return for an extra visit!
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Contrary to rumors, a root canal is a highly beneficial procedure. Its most common perks are:
- Tooth Preservation – A root canal lets you keep the affected tooth. That’s a much better outcome for your health and budget, as extraction treatments affect your mouth negatively and prove costly.
- Tooth Protection – By caring for the crown placed after a root canal, you’ll prevent further tooth damage.
- Pain Relief - Root canal therapy removes the infected nerves causing you pain and discomfort.
- Lifelike Results – In most cases, the results of root canal therapy aren’t noticeable. The crown placed after treatment doesn’t highlight damage.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing 1 or More Teeth I Want a Straighter Smile I Have a Dental Emergency! I Want to Enhance My Smile I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I Need My Wisdom Teeth Extracted View Our Services