All-On-4 Dental Implants – Granby, CT
Get Your New Smile Faster Than Ever
When you have severe tooth loss, you don’t have to replace every tooth individually. In fact, we would advise against that because it’s an extremely inefficient (not to mention expensive) method for tooth replacement. Instead, you can use a full denture to replace an entire arch of teeth using just four dental implants. This is done through All-on-4, a treatment option designed to resolve many of the setbacks that come with traditional dentures. Read on or give us a call today to learn more about the process and your eligibility!
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
Before getting into it, it’s important to understand how dental implants work. A titanium post is placed directly into the jaw so it can fuse with the bone tissue. This gives them the stability that does not exist for traditional dentures and mimics natural teeth as closely as possible. Through All-on-4, we can provide your denture the anchors it needs to remain in place using the fewest number of implants possible. Two implants are placed in the back of the mouth at a 45-degree angle to maximize as much bone tissue as possible, while two more are placed in the front. Abutments are then attached to the implants so the denture can be affixed.
Am I a Candidate For All-On-4 Implants?
If you have lost most of your teeth on one or both arches, you’re likely a candidate for All-on-4 treatment. This is the case even if you’ve experienced some bone loss since losing your teeth because the implants are angled in a way that utilizes the most amount of bone tissue possible. This means you may be able to avoid needing any sort of bone grafting entirely. With that said, you should still have positive oral health and be willing to break any bad habits that can harm your teeth (i.e. poor oral hygiene, using your teeth as a tool, smoking, etc.)
Benefits of All-On-4 Implants
Dental implants maintain many benefits compared to traditional dentures, like:
- All-on-4 are fixed to the mouth permanently, which means you won’t need to remove them just to keep them clean. Simply brush and floss them like you would your regular teeth to keep them clean of plaque and food debris.
- All-on-4 feels almost identical to your natural teeth, so you can show it off to friends and family with confidence.
- With your chewing power restored, eating your favorite foods (even tough and crunchy options) feels seamless and effortless.
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone tissue, which prevents your jaw from changing shape. This means they can help you maintain a more youthful appearance.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Implants
It’s important to reiterate that All-on-4 is distinctly different than implant dentures. This is because:
- Implant dentures can require as many as eight posts, which means you’ll pay fewer surgical costs overall. Your surgery will also take less time to complete.
- In several cases, All-on-4 does not require bone grafting or waiting several months for a graft to heal before receiving dental implants.
- If you want to receive your new smile as soon as possible, All-on-4 often lets you leave the practice with a denture the same day as your surgery.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing 1 or More Teeth I Want a Straighter Smile I Have a Dental Emergency! I Want to Enhance My Smile I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I Need My Wisdom Teeth Extracted View Our Services