Veneers – Granby, CT
Erase Chips, Gaps, and Stains from Your Smile
Are several dental imperfections in your smile keeping you from feeling confident? Are your pearly whites not everything you want them to be? Whether you have a single noticeable stain or several chips and spaces, cosmetic flaws can take a toll on your smile and confidence. At Salmon Brook Dental Associates, we can erase chips, gaps, and stains from your smile with beautiful porcelain veneers in Granby! Read on to learn more about this popular cosmetic service and give us a call to see if they’re right for you!
Why Choose Salmon Brook Dental Associates For Porcelain Veneers?
- #1 Beautiful, High-Quality Materials for Dazzling Results
- #2 Evening and Saturday Appointments Available
- #3 Erase Your Dental Flaws in Just Two Appointments
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A porcelain veneer is an ultra-thin shell that looks just like the front of a tooth. While dental veneers of the past didn’t look quite natural, nowadays they’re carefully crafted out of dental porcelain for seamless, stain-resistant results. A veneer is designed to cover the entire visible surface of a tooth, completely transforming its shape, color, and appearance. Porcelain veneers are very versatile, and they’re commonly used to fix a wide range of dental flaws, including:
- Minor chips or cracks
- Stains or discoloration that don’t respond to teeth whitening treatments
- Small gaps or spaces between teeth
- Misshapen, small, or worn-down teeth
- Teeth that are slightly crooked or misaligned
How Are Porcelain Veneers Placed?
Your first step on your journey towards a beautiful smile is to come see us for a consultation. We’ll discuss your smile goals and review your oral health to make sure porcelain veneers are the most effective way to get the results you’re looking for. If you decide to move forward with porcelain veneers, your treatment can typically be completed in just two appointments.
First, we’ll make room for your veneers by removing a very thin layer of enamel. This ensures that the veneers lay flat and don’t look bulky once placed. We’ll take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab, where they’ll be used to create your porcelain veneers. Since this can take a few weeks, we’ll usually fit you with temporary veneers before you leave. Before you know it, you’ll be returning to our office to have your beautiful, custom-made porcelain veneers bonded into place. Once we check that your bite feels comfortable, you’ll be ready to show off your brand-new smile!
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Beautiful, natural appearance: Dental porcelain is well-known for its natural-looking appearance, and it can be shaded to match the color of the rest of your smile seamlessly.
- Resistant to stains: Dental porcelain is highly resistant to stains, so your veneers won’t become discolored as easily as natural teeth can.
- Long-lasting and durable: With the proper care, your porcelain veneers can last 5 to 15 years before needing to be repaired or replaced.
- Minimally invasive: When compared to dental crowns, porcelain veneers require far less tooth preparation and enamel removal.
- Red carpet-ready results: Many celebrities owe their award-winning smiles to porcelain veneers, including George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Miley Cyrus, and Tom Cruise.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Considering how versatile and transformative veneers are, it might come as no surprise that they tend to cost more than other cosmetic dental services. That being said, you typically get what you pay for when it comes to dental work. If you’re interested in truly giving your smile the royal treatment, then veneers are definitely an investment worth making! However, it’s important to be sure that veneers are really the right way for you to meet your specific smile goals. Below, you’ll find some information that can help you make that decision.
Cost of Veneers vs. Other Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
With so many cosmetic dentistry services available, it can be difficult to choose which one is best for you. Each of these services can make different changes to your smile, and they naturally come with different price ranges. Let’s take a closer look at how the cost of veneers in Granby compares to some common cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Teeth whitening – Our professional take-home teeth whitening system is one of the most convenient and affordable ways to brighten a dull smile. That being said, whitening is only ideal if you’re solely looking to improve the color of your teeth, not their shape or size.
- Cosmetic dental bonding – By sculpting tooth-colored composite resin over the flaws in your teeth, our team can fix chips, small gaps, stubborn stains, and more in a single appointment. Although bonding is among the cheapest cosmetic dentistry services, it only works for minor imperfections, and the results must be touched up every few years.
- Invisalign – Clear braces like Invisalign are an effective way to dramatically straighten your teeth without being immediately obvious like metal braces are. However, the process usually takes a year or longer, and it costs several thousands of dollars. Not to mention, Invisalign only changes the positioning of your teeth, so if you’d also like to fix cracks or discoloration, you’ll need another option.
- Veneers – Veneers aren’t exactly cheap, but depending on the issue you’re looking to correct, they may deliver the best value. For example, they’re more versatile than whitening or Invisalign, they last longer than dental bonding, and the treatment process only takes two visits to our office.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Like most other cosmetic dentistry procedures, veneers are rarely covered by dental insurance since they’re considered “elective.” However, that doesn’t necessarily mean your dream smile is out of reach! Our practice has partnered with a third-party financing company called CareCredit. If you qualify for one of their payment plans, you can split up your treatment costs into monthly chunks that are much more manageable than paying all at once. Better yet, these plans often have incredibly low interest rates.
Additionally, be sure to regularly check our special offers page. We’re always adding new deals that can help patients like you save on all sorts of treatments.
Getting your dream smile might be more affordable than you think! To find out how much your veneers in Granby will cost and explore your payment options, please schedule your consultation with our Salmon Brook Dental team today.
If you’re not in love with your grin, then veneers are often the perfect way to change that. By completely covering the visible front surfaces of teeth, they make your pearly whites look like they’ve never been anything less than flawless. With that said, we understand that you might have some concerns or things you’d like clarified before committing to the treatment. Don’t worry; our dentists will take the time to clear things up during your consultation. In the meantime, reading through the answers to these frequently asked veneers questions might help.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
There are plenty of patients who only get one veneer to fix a single tooth with noticeable flaws. However, your cosmetic dentist in Granby will usually recommend an even number in order to create an attractive and symmetrical smile. Many patients choose to get veneers on the “social six” – the six teeth that are most prominent in the smile – but some patients may need as many as eight or ten to make all of their visible teeth appear perfect. Of course, we’ll spend some time at your consultation discussing the ideal number of veneers you’ll require to make your dream smile come true.
What Happens to the Teeth Under Veneers?
As part of the veneers process, one of our dentists must “prep” your teeth. This involves shaving down a thin sliver of enamel from the outer surfaces of the teeth. The reason for this is twofold: it creates a flat surface to which the veneer can easily adhere, and it prevents the veneer from looking or feeling bulky when placed.
Although the amount of enamel that we remove is minuscule, it’s worth mentioning that enamel cannot grow back. For this reason, teeth with veneers will always need some sort of restoration to protect them moving forward. Try not to worry, though; with the right care, your veneers can protect and beautify your pearly whites for many years to come.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
In addition to being impressively lifelike, dental porcelain is also quite durable. Therefore, the average lifespan of veneers is 10 to 15 years. Of course, they could end up lasting for a shorter or longer period of time depending on how well you maintain them. Luckily, caring for teeth with veneers isn’t all that different from how you should care for any other teeth. Make sure to:
- Brush your teeth every morning and every night for two minutes each session. Avoid whitening toothpastes, as they can be abrasive to the veneers.
- Floss between your teeth at least once per day.
- Meet with our dental team every six months for a routine checkup and cleaning to keep your smile problem-free.
- Wear an athletic mouthguard if you play sports.
- Try not to chew or bite down on hard, inedible items like pencils, your fingernails, or ice cubes.
Is It Painful to Get Veneers?
Before we place your veneers, we’ll administer a numbing agent to be certain that you feel no pain during the procedure. After the numbness wears off, your teeth and jaw might be a little sore, particularly if you received a large number of veneers. However, this discomfort should be relatively mild and should only last for a few days. An over-the-counter pain medication should be enough to handle it.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing 1 or More Teeth I Want a Straighter Smile I Have a Dental Emergency! I Want to Enhance My Smile I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I Need My Wisdom Teeth Extracted View Our Services