Wisdom Tooth Extractions – Granby, CT
Frustrating Wisdom Teeth
Usually, between the ages of 16 and 25, the last set of adult teeth erupt. These third molars are colloquially called wisdom teeth, and people used to need these teeth to compensate for previous tooth loss. However, thanks to oral hygiene, many people nowadays retain their natural teeth for longer. Without enough room for these teeth, when the wisdom teeth come in, they can actually force other teeth out of alignment, or they can develop at an unhealthy angle, causing infections. When these situations happen, Dr. Endres and Dr. Chawla can perform wisdom tooth extractions in Granby, CT to preserve the patient’s healthy smile.
Why Choose Salmon Brook Dental Associates for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation Available for Anxious Patients
- Caring, Dedicated Team of Dental Professionals
- Dental Insurance Accepted
What Do I Need To Do After the Procedure?
Our dentists and our team at Salmon Brook Dental work diligently to make sure that you or your child is completely comfortable throughout the wisdom teeth extraction procedure, but aftercare can also play a significant role in the recovery process. To ensure that you heal properly, you should do the following:
- Keep clean gauze on the surgical site for several hours after the procedure until all bleeding has stopped.
- Allow a blood clot to form on the site to protect it from bacteria.
- Get plenty of rest and abstain from strenuous activity for a few days.
- Eat soft foods for a few days, but do not use a straw.
- Rinse your mouth with saltwater to keep the site clean.